Home → Basic Server Knowledge
How much server knowledge do you have? Find out!
This exam must be completed in 8 minutes. Click here to start the exam
1. When opening wine for a guest, whenever possible you should present and pour the wine from the guests ______________hand side.
Learn about this in Module 1: Martini’s, in the iamWaitress Ultimate Booze Course…(take it for free)
Question 1 of 28
2. White Burgandy is__________________________?
Learn about this in the iamWaitress $15 Wine 101 Quick Course
Question 2 of 28
3. A proper description for a steak prepared Medium Rare would be_____________________?
Question 3 of 28
4. Your table ordered a lime cocktail. This is your co-worker, he is going to deliver it for you, should you let him continue to your table with this drink?
Question 4 of 28
5. Which of the following does not contain gluten?
Question 5 of 28
6. Your guest just said “I’d like a martini”. They said nothing beyond that. Which of the following is not a follow up question to your guests order?
Learn all about Martini’s in the iamWaitress Ultimate Booze Course Martini Module.
Question 6 of 28
7. Black, green, oolong, and white tea all contain caffeine. Is this statement true or false?
Question 7 of 28
8. What is the standard wine pour in a restaurant?
Question 8 of 28
9. If you have a shellfish allergy can you eat octopus?
Question 9 of 28
10. Your guest has just informed you that she lactose intolerant. What can she not order?
Question 10 of 28
Question 11 of 28
12. ___________is a distilled alcoholic beverage made from sugarcane byproducts.
Question 12 of 28
13. Your guest just ordered a Bombay Saphire, up (↑), garnished with an onion. In short order, what did your guest just order?
Question 13 of 28
14. Will you please run my drink? It’s the only one at the bar. What drink is it most likely to be?
Question 14 of 28
15. Every restaurant has its own procedure, but in regards to proper service, when should you deliver food from the left?
Question 15 of 28
16. This distilled spirit can be made using botanicals, and is known for its scent and flavor (imparted from Juniper berries).
Question 16 of 28
17. Table 1 is fired. What does “fired” mean?
Question 17 of 28
18. What does table maintenance mean?
Question 18 of 28
19. Wines from California, Argentina, New Zealand and Australia could be classified as:
Question 19 of 28
20. Complete the sentence:
When you open a bottle of wine for a guest at a table, after they have tasted and approved the wine, you pour for the other guests___________________.
Question 20 of 28
An aioli is basically…
Question 21 of 28
22. What is simple syrup?
Question 22 of 28
23. There are a lot of different things that people use to stuff an olive with but the most classic is a pimento. What is a pimento?
Question 23 of 28
24. The best example of a domestic beer is______________.
Question 24 of 28
25. This drink smells like pine needles (or juniper berries) ! What drink is it most likely to be?
Question 25 of 28
26. Someone just ordered a Pinot Noir because they love “all Pinot Noir”! Oh crap, you don’t have anything on your menu that says “Pinot Noir” (weird, I know)…based on the following options, what would you suggest to them?
Question 26 of 28
27. Hi. My name is Jennifer, this is my website.
I am currently traveling America writing about the best service teams.
Follow me on Facebook and learn from the best.
And we can go out for drinks when I am in your city! Have a comment or suggestion? Leave it now.
Question 27 of 28
28. What are the blue veins that run along in blue cheese?
Question 28 of 28